The all new open top ‘route 66’ bus will be hitting the streets of Hastings on Saturday 25th May - for the first time ever!
The route will start at Harley Shute, serving Combe Haven Holiday Park, down to the The Bo-Peep Pub and along the seafront, as far as The Stade.
There’s plenty to do and see along the route! Here are a few ideas:
- Take a look into the world of Serial Killers, Forensics, Gangsters, Prisoners and much more at the True Crime Museum.
- Go back in time and visit Hastings Castle, built by William the Conqueror himself – it’s nearly 1,000 years old!
- Listen to the "Smugglers Adventure" story, including interactive displays & life-size characters!
- Ride the East Hill lift, the UK's steepest funicular railway.
- Take a shot at Hastings Adventure Golf, it features no less than 3 separate 18 hole courses! So bring one, bring all, play one, play all!
- Get creative with some contemporary British art at the Jerwood Gallery, soon to be Hastings Contemporary.
- Get up close to countless species of marine life at Blue Reef Aquarium – from sharks and stingrays to seahorses and clownfish.
- Listen, touch and smell at the multi-sensory Shipwreck Museum - full of artefacts from many ships wrecked in the English Channel.
Hop on and off all day with an adult dayrider, it costs just £4.50 on the bus - it’s even cheaper at £4.20 if you buy it on our app. With an adult dayrider you can add a kid for a quid, bargain! You can add up to four kids for £1 each. Hastings and South East megarider tickets are valid on the route at all times and concession passes can be used within the usual times of validity.
2 for 1 offers when you travel by bus
Take advantage of our great 2 for 1 offers when visiting Hastings – all you have to do to qualify is travel by bus! Download your vouchers and view the full terms & conditions on www.visit1066offers.co.uk
- A visit to Hastings is not complete without experiencing The True Crime Museum. This SHOCKING attraction is for everyone fascinated by the dark world of CRIME - find me located on Hastings Seafront, close to the Pier!
- Then afterwards, take a guided tour with Historic Experiences that brings to life the unique history and heritage of Hastings old town in a fun and memorable way. Tours for 2019 include Secret Hastings, Tressell’s Town and History of Gin.
- For all those adrenaline junkies, try out Source Park – the largest indoor underground skate park in the world! With two skate parks, the world’s biggest BMX skateboard and café overlooking the main park...spectating is always free!
Look out for the bus! It will be in a special colourful design featuring all the fun things you can do along the route.
Need more information or have a question? Click here for our Help & Contact services.
Want real time service updates? Follow us on Twitter @StagecoachSE.