There are a few reasons why a card may not work and if this happens our driver will ask you to try another card or pay using cash. Unfortunately, we will not always know the reason for a card not being accepted. Some of the reasons why a card may not work include:
- Card is outside of the validity dates i.e. expired
- Card is not a contactless card
- Card is not accepted e.g. American Express
- Card is being presented for a payment over £30
- Your card hasn't been approved by the bank for the transaction
- You haven’t used your card as a chip and pin before
- Your mobile device has not been set up correctly to use Apple Pay or Android Pay or you are not using the Apps to support the payment properly.
If you expect your card to work and it doesn’t, please contact the issuing bank for advice.