Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire invites customers to comment on improvements to the Lancaster bus network
Greyhound Bridge is due to reopen September 2018. After listening to customer and stakeholder feedback, Stagecoach have decided to make changes to better manage demand on the network, in particular to cater for the increased University population living in Heysham and Lancaster.
- Links across Lancaster City Centre reinstated.
- Many customers will no longer need to change buses when travelling from Morecambe and Heysham to Common Garden Street or the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
- Double deckers used on the fast bus routes, direct to the University.
- Services in Bowerham and Hala to run at the same times throughout the year; un affected by University term times.
- Services run along Mossgate Park, Heysham for the first time.
- More frequent buses between Morecambe Westgate and Lancaster throughout the day.
- 2X bus times to run at even intervals, providing a better service from Heysham to Lancaster City Centre via the fast routes to the University.
- Extra time for buses in the evenings and on Sundays to improve punctuality.
Customers can have their say on the changes by visiting Lancaster Bus Station on
17 July 2018 between 8am – 6pm & 18 July 2018 between 8am – 4.30pm