- Events and activities arranged at businesses across the UK
- Giveaways and competitions planned for customers on board buses, trams and trains
- Train passengers to learn more about upcoming network improvements
- Stagecoach Group companies across the UK are driving forward this year's National Customer Service Week campaign.
The Perth-based Group’s bus and rail divisions are celebrating the national campaign with a range of activities throughout the week from 5 – 9 October.
National Customer Service Week is run by the Institute of Customer Service and aims to raise awareness of customer service and the vital role it plays in successful business practice and the growth of the UK economy.
Employees from all of Stagecoach's bus companies, and from rail franchises South West Trains, East Midlands Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast and Stagecoach Supertram, will take part in a series of local activities aimed at highlighting the importance of continuing to deliver good customer service day in, day out for passengers.
Below are examples of some of the activities taking place throughout the week:
- Managers at Stagecoach Supertram will host meet the manager events
- Stagecoach Supertram and Stagecoach Bus UK companies will be handing out breakfast giveaway treats
- East Midlands Trains staff will be meeting passengers across the network to tell them about the £13million package of customer improvements
- The East Midlands control centre will be using periscope to give a live insight into the workings of the region’s control centre at Derby
- UK Bus companies will host competitions for schools with tours of depots and goody bags as prizes
- South West Trains managers will be meeting face to face with passengers at stations to tell them about the latest £50million upgrade to services
- South West Trains will host Twitter competitions giving passengers the opportunity to 'ride with the driver' and hundreds of free power packs will be given to customers
- Virgin East Coast Trains will be hosting meet the manager events at stations on the network
Stagecoach Group Chief Executive Martin Griffiths said, "We know that good quality customer service is crucial to our success. It’s at the heart of everything we do. This is not just about celebrating Customer Service Week for one week every year but about being dedicated to our customers 365 days a year. Thanks to a fantastic group of employees, across the country, we are able to offer a top quality service to our passengers.
“However we can still get better and we are continuing to work hard to deliver even better services for our customers and provide passengers with the best quality travel experience that they quite rightly expect.”
The most recent National Bus Satisfaction Survey by consumer watchdog Transport Focus showed that, across its UK Bus division, Stagecoach was voted as the best value major bus operator in Britain*. Stagecoach was also found to have the most satisfied customers of any bus operator surveyed in Scotland and the company continues to have one of the highest overall levels of satisfaction of any major bus operator in England.
As well as being rated by customers as the country’s best value bus operator, Stagecoach has also been independently recognised as offering the best value bus fares in Britain three consecutive times. The most recent analysis published by transport specialists TAS** found that Britain’s biggest bus operator provides regular passengers with the lowest cost weekly bus travel. The research showed that Stagecoach weekly travel is on average 12% lower than the next cheapest operator.
In the Passenger Focus survey in Autumn 2014 92% of passengers using Supertram said they were satisfied with the service.
The Transport Focus survey in Spring 2015 highlighted that passenger satisfaction at East Midlands Trains and South West Trains were 89% and 80% respectively.
For further information on Stagecoach companies, go to:
Stagecoach Supertram visit www.supertram.co.uk
South West Trains visit www.southwesttrains.co.uk
East Midlands Trains visit www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
Virgin East Coast Trains visit www.virgintrainseastcoast.com