STAGECOACH NORTH EAST SHOWS ITS COMMITTMENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AS PART OF NATIONAL CAMPAIGN
Stagecoach North East employees in Hartlepool are joining depots across the north east and gearing up to take part in this year’s National Customer Service Week.
The company will celebrate the national campaign with a range of local activities throughout the week from 5-9 October. National Customer Service Week is run by the Institute of Customer Service and its aim is to raise awareness of customer service and the vital role it plays in successful business practice and the growth of the UK economy.
The most recent National Bus Satisfaction Survey by consumer watchdog Transport Focus
showed that, across the North East, 9 out of 10 bus passengers were satisfied or very satisfied with their service. In addition, Stagecoach was one of the best rated bus companies in the country by people with disabilities.
During National Customer Service Week, Stagecoach North East employees will take part in a series of activities aimed at highlighting the importance of continuing to deliver good customer service day in, day out for passengers. The theme of the week across Stagecoach is ‘Rolling out the red carpet every day’.
Among the activities taking place throughout the week at Stagecoach in Hartlepool are:
- A breakfast event where staff will hand out breakfast items to commuters on their way to work around the York Road and Victoria Road areas on Tues 6 Oct from 8am onwards
- Customers are being asked to nominate their Customer Service Stars from amongst the drivers.
- Staff company quiz to test knowledge of the Stagecoach Group
Stagecoach North East Managing Director Phil Medlicott said: “Delivering good customer service is central to our business – our customers are at the heart of everything we do and it is absolutely essential that we provide a good, consistent service that is in line with what they, quite rightly, expect.
“Our team of employees has helped ensure we already offer high standards of customer service but we know we can get better and we will continue to work hard to improve even further.
“It’s great to see so many of our staff getting involved in Customer Service Week. However, we are well aware that we need to deliver high standards of customer service on a daily basis and we are fortunate to have a team of employees who work hard to do just that.”
Notes to Editors:
- As well as being rated by customers as the country’s best value bus operator, Stagecoach has also been independently recognised as offering the best value bus fares in Britain three consecutive times. The most recent analysis published by transport specialists TAS found that Britain’s biggest bus operator provides regular passengers with the lowest cost weekly bus travel. The research showed that Stagecoach weekly travel is on average 12% lower than the next cheapest operator.
- A study by Stagecoach found that taking the bus is around 60% than commuting to work by car, despite falling fuel prices.
- Stagecoach invests millions of pounds a year in new vehicles to deliver a higher standard of service for customers. Earlier this year, the Group announced it had placed orders for more than £80million worth of new buses and coaches.
- Stagecoach is investing heavily in a multi-million pound digital strategy which will see the UK Bus division’s website re-developed and the installation of automatic vehicle location technology on all vehicles.
For further information about Stagecoach North East please visit our About us