Passengers are given gold star treatment with new luxury buses
To celebrate the launch of its new luxury bus service Stagecoach is offering passengers the chance to win up to £500
Passengers travelling between Oxford and Banbury will be able to travel in greater style as Stagecoach in Oxfordshire officially launches its latest fleet of luxury Gold buses today.
Stagecoach’s £850k investment means travellers using the S4 bus route, which passes through Adderbury, Deddington and Kidlington, will be treated to a five star luxury service as they enjoy the comfort of hand stitched Italian leather high back seats, increased legroom and free WiFi.
The latest launch of Stagecoach Gold buses is the fifth fleet of its kind to be introduced in Oxfordshire. The S4 joins other gold services in the region currently in operation from, Chipping Norton, Bicester, Carterton, Witney and Swindon
Martin Sutton, Managing Director of Stagecoach in Oxfordshire commented: “Our Gold buses have been designed with our customers’ needs in mind. We appreciate that on significant journeys, such as the Banbury to Oxford service, our customers value the use of free WiFi and welcome greater comfort and luxury.
“As part of our Gold service we ensure each one of our drivers is trained to provide a five star customer service experience. We also ensure each driver is a regular on the route. This provides customers with a consistent level of service with drivers who are extremely knowledgeable in the area.
“The launches of our other Gold routes in regions across Oxfordshire have encouraged more people to use our buses so we’re delighted to bring the offer to customers travelling between Banbury and Oxford.”
To celebrate the launch of the new Gold buses, Stagecoach is offering passengers the chance to win £100 every week in a month-long golden ticket competition. Over the next four weeks an S4 driver will be handing out a weekly golden ticket to a passenger who boards at a particular time, on a specified day. There will be four winners in total and each ticket holder will be entitled to £100 cash and a Stagecoach Megarider Gold 7 day pass.
To celebrate the official launch today, a human gold statue dressed head to toe in gold entertained locals in Banbury town centre. Passengers and passer bys were invited to take a selfie with the artist to be in with a chance of also winning £100. The selfie with the most social media shares will win the prize.
Each one of the single decker Stagecoach Gold buses, is built with a Euro 6 environmentally friendly engine designed to cut exhaust emissions. The fleet also runs on a greener mix of 30% recycled biofuel and 70% standard diesel.
There will be five brand new Stagecoach Gold buses in operation along the S4 route providing an hourly service, seven days a week to Oxford and half hourly links between Deddington and Banbury.
The Stagecoach Gold buses are easy to access, with a low level floor to make it easier for wheelchairs and pushchairs. All vehicles can carry a wheelchair safely and drivers are trained and able to provide assistance if required.
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
For media enquiries, please contact the Stagecoach PR team on 07590 410 387 or 07477 987 943 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A return ticket between Banbury and Oxford costs £6.50. A single one way ticket is £5.00. For regular travellers using an annual Megarider Gold pass the fare equates to as little as £2.27 per day.
A Megarider Gold 7-day pass is available for £27.00 which is also valid on all other Stagecoach in Oxfordshire services. Alternatively the Megarider Gold 12 trip ticket for £32.00 allows passengers to make 12 single journeys on all Stagecoach in Oxfordshire services and is valid for one year from time of purchase.
2. For more information on the launch competitions visit www.stagecoachbus.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Just search for StagecoachOxfordshire or find us @Stagecoach_Ox.
- Stagecoach in Oxfordshire provides local bus service throughout Oxford City and Oxfordshire. It also operates the Oxford Tube coach service between Oxford and London.
- The Stagecoach S4 service operates between Banbury and Oxford from Mondays to Sundays, with connections to Adderbury, Deddington, Steeple Aston, Tackley and Kidlington.
- The full timetable can be viewed at www.stagecoachbus.com
- There is also an S4 Connect service which offers a link between Middle Barton and Duns Tew to Deddington to catch the S4. The S4C is a tendered service.