We all need to do whatever we can to protect each other from Coronavirus, so in line with the latest government guidance, there are measures in place to help you to travel with confidence, including limiting available seats on buses and enhanced cleaning. Unless you’re exempt, you must wear a face covering when using public transport, throughout your journey. Please avoid busy times, use contactless payment where you can and take your litter with you. For up to date information see our Coronavirus page.
There are temporary timetables in Wales between 25 October and 9 November due to a two-week Welsh Government lockdown.
19 May 2016
Stagecoach welcomes new Commercial Manager on board
May 19th 2016
Stagecoach in South Wales has made a key addition to its senior team, with the appointment of a new Commercial Manager. Edward Reid joins Stagecoach having previously held posts with Wrexham Council as Integrated Transport Manager, Principal Consult at TAS and implementation specialist with Trapeze with planning and scheduling experience with different operators posts in the North West and North America.
Reporting directly to Stagecoach in South Wales Managing Director Nigel Winter, Edward’s new role will see him take on overall responsibility for the company’s network and performance. He will also oversee vehicle crew scheduling, fares and tickets, digital strategy, local authority and contract tendering, and customer service functions.
Nigel Winter said: “We’re very pleased to be welcoming Edward to the team. He’s got a fantastic range of experience at all levels in the industry and his public transport pedigree is hard to match. I'm confident that his varied skill set, knowledge and experience will be a great asset to the business and will help us move forward.”
Edward said: “I'm delighted to be joining Stagecoach in South Wales. It’s a progressive business with a fantastic, dedicated team behind it and I'm excited about the future. I'm confident that my varied and extensive all round experience will be a good fit for the business and will enable me to assist the company to achieve its ambitions for future growth and success.”
Current Stagecoach in South Wales Commercial Manager Stephen Wren will retire in August 2016 with 50 years service to the industry. Nigel Winter, Managing Director, Stagecoach in South Wales said: “I would also like to pay tribute to Stephen Wren for the service he has given Stagecoach over many years. Stephen is a passionate and knowledgeable busman who has shown great commitment to improving public transport in South Wales over the past 15 years. His experience throughout his career has been invaluable to us and we wish him every success in his retirement from August.”
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email [email protected]
Notes to Editors:
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The Group employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,000 buses and coaches. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates between around 60 towns and cities across the UK.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, contracted bus services, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.