We know many of you will be looking for information for how lockdown will affect our services. We're working hard to keep our services running for essential journeys, however there may have been some changes to timetables in your area. Please check our latest timetables for more information.
We've put in place measures to allow you to travel safely including limiting available seats on buses and enhanced cleaning. Please avoid busy times, use contactless payment where you can, keep your distance and take your litter with you. You can keep up to date checking our main Coronavirus page.
14 Feb 2018
The South West Falcon from Stagecoach is celebrating its second anniversary today (14 February).
Launched in 2016 – and representing an investment of £2.5m - the South West Falcon is an innovative interurban coach service that connects Plymouth, Exeter and Taunton with Bristol Airport and Bristol city centre. It is the first and only public transport link from the South West to Bristol Airport and operates 19 journeys a day, 7 days a week. All eight coaches feature a distinctive, stylish livery and have free Wi-Fi, power charging, air conditioning and leather seats.
Since its launch, the Falcon has rapidly grown in popularity with commuters, students, day-trippers and holidaymakers. Passenger numbers have more than doubled year on year. Continued investment alongside service development and key partnership working is hoped to deliver further growth during Year 3.
Bob Dennison, Managing Director of Stagecoach South West, said: “The Falcon has quickly become a firm favourite with travellers across the South West and our impressive levels of passenger growth clearly demonstrate this.
“With a first class fleet, a unique proposition and an expanding customer base, we expect Falcon to soar even higher in the years to come.”
To celebrate the second anniversary, the Falcon has teamed up with Bristol Hippodrome to offer one lucky customer the opportunity to take three of their family or friends to see the musical ‘Hairspray’ (6 March performance) with free travel on the Falcon thrown in. Customers can enter by visiting the competition page.
Customers can view the timetable and plan their journey by Falcon at www.swfalcon.com or by downloading the new Stagecoach Bus app from App and Play stores. For travel updates on the go, customers can follow on twitter @flyswfalcon.
Stagecoach competition terms & conditions
1. Competition open to midnight on 28 February 2018
2. Winners to be contacted no later than 2 March 2018
3. Employees of Stagecoach are not eligible to enter
4. Prizes are final, no cash alternatives on offer
5. Stagecoach is not responsible for the booking or cost of any transport winners choose to use over and above Stagecoach's scheduled services. Prior to attending the event, winners are advised to plan their journey by using the journey planner or downloading the free app
Bristol Hippodrome competition terms & conditions
1. Prize is for 4 tickets to see Hairspray at the Bristol Hippodrome on 6 March 2018.
2. Prize is as stated and no alternative will be offered. Winners will need to collect their prize from the Bristol Hippodrome box office, St Augustine's Parade, Bristol BS1 4UZ, on the day. Identification may be required to claim.
Notes to editors:
About Stagecoach South West
Stagecoach South West provides local bus services across the whole of Devon and Torbay, and into Plymouth, Cornwall and Somerset. Over our financial year from May 2016 to April 2017 we carried a total of 32.3 million passengers and operated a total of 21.8 million miles. We employ a total of 968 staff located at 4 depots and 7 outstations.