Christmas is where it’s at this year. Stagecoach have pulled out all the stops to help make it the best ever with competitive, low cost tickets and increased services to help you make the most of this fantastic time of year.
The team at Stagecoach’s Portsmouth depot have yet again done themselves proud and created a fantastically festive Santa bus for all to enjoy. Stagecoach has run a special Santa bus for many years and it’s got a brand new look for 2015 – courtesy of Elissa Barrett from Imagine Face and Body Art. Driven by Santa and aided by his glamorous elf, the bus will operate on various routes for the two weeks leading up to Christmas Eve. Pick up a copy of our timetable from one of the buses, or download a timetable from our new and much improved website.
The unveiling of this year’s Santa Bus in Waterlooville town centre (on the bus stop) from around 10am until 3pm with Santa himself handing out timetable leaflets and Christmas goodies.
But that’s not all Stagecoach are doing this year, you will be able to...
Travel anywhere unlimited by bus after 7pm for just £2 with the nightrider gold.
Use the bus throughout Christmas and New Year - a Sunday service operate on the bank holidays including Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Make the most of School holiday offers - up to 3 children can travel for just 10p each when accompanied by an adult with a dayrider gold (£8), or £3 each when travelling alone.
Get 12 days travel for the price of 7 with the ‘12 days of Christmas’ megarider.
There’s so much going on in the Portsmouth area over Christmas and New Year, the free Yuletide slide, Cinderella Pantomime, the 2015 Velocity Bikes and Family Santa Runs and lots more in the City Centre.
With Stagecoach’s new nightrider you will be able to travel anywhere unlimited across Stagecoach South services for just £2 (after 7pm). The aim of this £2 nightrider fare is to make evening travel cheaper and easier. Stagecoach offers late services on all its town and city bus networks and these are a direct reflection of customer demand.
Stagecoach hopes that the promotional fare will result in a dramatic increase in bus patronage for Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
The ’12 days of Christmas’ ticket is one that the company has offered for the past few years so that regular megarider customers will get additional travel to cover the reduced service over the Christmas period. You can buy a 12-day megarider at any time from 19 to 23 (24?) December 2015.
The half term offers with 10p travel are always repeated when schools are out –ideal for younger passengers who want to meet up with friends, go to the library or simply enjoy some down time.
Full information regarding the Christmas and New Year timetables, offers and tickets can be found on Stagecoach's brand new website: www.stagecoachbus.com
For media enquiries, please contact: Alex O’Loughlin, Marketing Manager Stagecoach South and Stagecoach Tel: 01243 755861 or email: alex.o’[email protected]
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Exclusions do apply. The nightrider gold will not be valid on special services such as Goodwood and nightclub buses.
· The nightrider gold offers a welcome addition to an already competitive suite of ‘gold’ tickets. An anywhere unlimited megarider gold is just £22 per week (perfect for commuters) and the student alternative, unirider works out at less than £13 a week*.
· *The Unirider price is calculated based on the purchase of an annual ticket.
· Stagecoach South provides local bus services across Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex, with some routes extending into Berkshire and Wiltshire.
· Last year, around 35 million passengers travelled across Stagecoach South’s network, which is comprised of over 500 buses and 200 routes.
· Based in Chichester, with local depots in Aldershot, Andover, Basingstoke, Chichester, Portsmouth, Winchester, Worthing, Guildford.
· Stagecoach South is a major local employer, with nearly 1100 people working for us.
· Our aim is to provide safe, reliable, punctual, clean and comfortable services with a good value for money range of tickets and fares.