Monday 5 November 2018 sees the annual After Dark bonfire night spectacular at Don Valley Grass Bowl with a funfair, bonfire, food stalls, the Hallam FM stage and of course the famous fireworks!
The venue is right next to the Arena / Olympic Legacy Park tram stop,served by Yellow Route and Tram Train services.
With large numbers of people attending After Dark, we do expect trams to be busier than normal. We will be putting on extra services to and from Arena / Olympic Legacy Park tram stop and providing extra staff at selected tram stops to help with information and ticket sales. However, please note:
- Travelling to the event trams will be busy, therefore please allow extra time for your journey.
- Please buy travel tickets in advance if you can. Day tickets are available from the Stagecoach Bus App and from the University of Sheffield Student Union Box Office.
- Tram conductors and platform ticket sellers can only take cash.
- Returning from the event please use the Arena / Olympic Legacy Park tram stop. This is where all extra trams will run from - there will be constant departures until the queue is cleared and we will have staff available to help. Please note you will not be able to access the platform without a valid tram ticket - ticket selling staff will be able to provide tickets whilst you are queuing at the boarding gate.
- Attercliffe tram stop will be closed after the event and trams will not stop there until the crowds have cleared from Don Valley Bowl.
- Valley Centertainment tram stop will remain open but extra trams will not stop there, therefore there may be an extended wait to board a tram.
- The majority of the extra trams in service after the event will run from Arena / Olympic Legacy Park tram stop to the City Centre. Therefore please use Arena / Olympic Legacy Park tram stop if you have attended After Dark. If you are travelling beyond the City Centre please board the first available service and change trams in the City Centre if necessary.
For live service updates on the night, follow us on Twitter: @SCSupertram