2019 will see the rail replacement project continue, replacing track that was initially laid in the early 1990's. During the works, dedicated tram replacement buses will run in the affected area.
Work will take place in the five areas below at various times between April and August 2019.
Area 1: Hillsborough Corner and Middlewood Road
Planned 19 April - 02 June 2019
Area 2: Shalesmoor towards Hillsborough
Planned 03 June - 18 July 2019
Area 3: Shalesmoor
Planned 22 July - 25 July 2019
Area 4: Hillsborough Corner - Holme Lane
Planned 26 July - 09 August 2019
Area 5: University of Sheffield
Planned 25 August - 30 August 2019
Where else have we made information available?
- Leaflets on trams
- Public and business drop-in events
- Emails sent to stakeholders - Sheffield Councillors, community and disability groups, user groups and businesses etc
- Regular posts on social media - @SCSupertram - @TSYalerts - @TravelSYorks
- Individual letter drop by Volker Rail to local residents and businesses directly affected by the works
- Posters at affected Park and Ride sites
- Emails sent to Supertram newsletter and planned disruption subscribers
- Posters at tram stops
- Regular press releases relating to each phase of works
- Local radio
- Regular updates on the TSY disruptions page
- Information available via Traveline (01709 515151)
Upcoming drop-in Events
Look out for future events. Feel free to come ask us any questions you have on this year's works.