The fast, easy and secure way to pay for transactions up to £30.
All you need is a contactless-enabled card or device, or mobile set up with Apple Pay or Google Pay
Why you'll love contactless
- No cash? No problem! With contactless, you don't need to worry about finding change to pay for your bus ticket
- Pay quickly - it takes less than a second for a contactless payment to register
- It's secure - contactless payments have the same level of protection as Chip and PIN payments
How to use contactless
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card, or ensure your contactless-enabled phone or device is set up
Then, board any Stagecoach bus and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your contactless-enabled credit or debit card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay on our reader to pay with ease. Wait for the beep, collect your ticket and hop on board
Contactless payments can be used for all singles, returns and day tickets
For weekly travel cards, you can also pay this way. Simply tap your payment card or device onto the reader and wait for the beep. The driver will then ask for your StagecoachSmart card to be placed on the reader to load your ticket
See below for terms and conditions.
Also....you can still buy your ticket on your mobile...with the Stagecoach Bus App!
No wallet? No problem! With the Stagecoach Bus App
your phone is your ticket! Day
and weekly Mega
tickets are available.
What is the Stagecoach Bus App?
The Stagecoach Bus App has all you need in one place - journey planning, live bus times and mobile tickets.
How to use mobile tickets
Download the App from the App Store (iPhone) and Google Play (Android) - it's free!
Go Smart with StagecoachSmart
is an electronic card that stores your tickets securely and makes it simple for you to buy tickets online and on the bus.
You can load more than one ticket onto your card, or have multiple cards registered to your account so you can add and manage all your family’s cards.
It fits easily in your purse or wallet, so no more hunting for your paper ticket!
How to get a StagecoachSmart card
On the bus
- When you purchase a ticket for a week on any of our buses, it will be loaded onto a StagecoachSmart card. There is a £1 charge for any new smartcards issued on the bus. The card is yours to keep and reuse, so make sure you have it with you at all times when travelling.
- When you buy a “Smart Online” ticket from stagecoachbus.com and request a new smart card, you will receive your ticket already loaded onto a smartcard. Please allow 3-5 days for delivery.
How to use StagecoachSmart
When boarding the bus, simply place your smartcard on the reader and await the beep - all done!
to find out more about StagecoachSmart and how to register your card for protection against theft, loss and damage.
Terms and Conditions
The current period for which a card will be denied having previously been declined for payment is 45 days.
If a card is declined 3 times, it will be permanently declined.
The maximum number of tickets sold at any point of boarding is restricted to a maximum of 3 or the number of people travelling (including card holder)
Pay safely and securely using your card or PayPal and your tickets will be ready to use instantly on your phone. Simply activate your ticket when you’re ready to board and show it to the driver.