Edinburgh International/Fringe Festivals | Friday 2 August - Monday 26 August
Rockore Festival | Saturday 17 August
City of Perth Salute | Sunday 18 August
Culross Farmers Market and Gala | Sunday 18 August
Sense Scotland Festival of Fun | Saturday 24 August
Burntisland Beer & Gin Festival | Friday 30 August - Saturday 31 August
Outwith Festival | Tuesday 3 September - Sunday 8 September
Kirriemuir Festival of Music and Song | Friday 6 September - Sunday 8 September
Solheim Cup | Monday 9 September - Sunday 15 September
If you’re in need of inspiration for your weekend, or for things to see and do during the school holidays – look no further!
1. St Andrews West Sands, St Andrews, Fife | An award-winning beach for over 30 consecutive years, St Andrews West Sands is best known as the location for a famous scene in the film Chariots of Fire.
2. Dunnottar Castle/Stonehaven Coastal path, Aberdeenshire | After a stroll around the picturesque harbour, walk along the coastal path to see the imposing ruins of Dunottar Castle, perched on the edge of a cliff.
3. UNESCO Forth Rail Bridge, North Queensferry, Fife | Explore North Queensferry, for unmissable views of the Forth Bridge, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. V&A Dundee, Dundee | If you haven't visited V&A Dundee yet, you're missing out! Did you know that it has been nominated for Museum of the Year 2019?
5. Deil’s Cauldron, Comrie, Perthshire | Explore the leafy woodland to find the Deil's Cauldron waterfall and then continue on upwards to the Melville Monument for some epic views of Perthshire.
6. Dunfermline Heritage Quarter, Dunfermline, Fife | Dunfermline's Heritage Quarter is one of East Scotland's hidden gems. Visit Dunfermline Abbey, the ruins of Dunfermline Palace and the historic buildings on Abbot Street.