Christmas Light Switch On, Perth | Saturday 16 November
Edinburgh Christmas Market, Edinburgh | Saturday 16 November - Saturday 4 January
Christmas Design Market, Perth | Saturday 23 November - Sunday 24 November
Christmas Lantern Parade, Perth | Saturday 30 November
Hogmanay, Edinburgh | Monday 30 December - Wednesday 1 January
Santa Run, Edinburgh | Sunday 1 December
Christmas Celidh, Dundee | Friday 6 December
Festive Carol Concert, Dundee | Tuesday 10 December
Aladdin at the Alhambra, Dunfermline | Tuesday 10 December - Saturday 28 December
If you’re in need of inspiration for your weekend, or for things to see and do during the school holidays – look no further!
1. Dunfermline Heritage Quarter, Dunfermline, Fife | Dunfermline's Heritage Quarter is one of East Scotland's hidden gems. Visit Dunfermline Abbey, the ruins of Dunfermline Palace and the historic buildings on Abbot Street.
2. V&A Dundee, Dundee | If you haven't visited V&A Dundee yet, you're missing out! Did you know that it has been nominated for Museum of the Year 2019?
3. UNESCO Forth Rail Bridge, North Queensferry, Fife | Explore North Queensferry, for unmissable views of the Forth Bridge, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. Dunnottar Castle/Stonehaven Coastal path, Aberdeenshire | After a stroll around the picturesque harbour, walk along the coastal path to see the imposing ruins of Dunottar Castle, perched on the edge of a cliff.
5. Deil’s Cauldron, Comrie, Perthshire | Explore the leafy woodland to find the Deil's Cauldron waterfall and then continue on upwards to the Melville Monument for some epic views of Perthshire.
6. St Andrews West Sands, St Andrews, Fife | An award-winning beach for over 30 consecutive years, St Andrews West Sands is best known as the location for a famous scene in the film Chariots of Fire.