Travel in style on our Stagecoach X5 service! Enjoy the luxury of leather reclining seats, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.
The X5 service runs seven days a week between Oxford and Cambridge via Milton Keynes and Bedford. Whether you’re planning a day trip or commuting to work, the X5 will get you there.
Why you'll love the X5
You’ll love travelling on the X5, as each vehicle has:
- leather reclining seats with seatbelts*
- air conditioning*
- toilet and washroom facilities*
- power points for laptops*
- dedicated space for a wheelchair*
- free Wi-Fi internet access*
*Occasionally we may have to use a vehicle that does not have all of these features
Which bus to catch
Route X5 leaves from and arrives at strategic locations between:
Click on the town you are interested to download the X5 route map and bus stop information.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE X5 TIMETABLE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE LIST OF STOPS SERVED ALONG THE X5 ROUTE
Service Updates affecting the X5
Below are the upcoming service updates that will affect our X5 service:
Bromham Road, Bedford - 4 March 2019
Kings End, Bicester - 21 October 2019
Which tickets you can buy
If you’re travelling on the X5 route occasionally, you can buy a:
- single or return ticket
- dayrider ticket – get unlimited travel for one day
- period return – valid for up to 3 months
- Holders of ENCTS passes can travel outside the local authority validity criteria (typically before 0930 Monday to Friday) at a discount fare. Students with TOTUM and ISIC cards, or valid University student ID cards can also travel at a discounted rate.
If you commute to work, you’ll save a lot of money by buying a 7 day or 28 day megarider ticket. These tickets allow you unlimited travel within your chosen travel zone.
Tell us where you’re travelling from and to, so we can show you the tickets available for your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are busy updating our frequently asked questions section. If you do have a query about the X5 please contact us the details in the "Help & Contact" section at the top of the page
Things to do on the route