We have been reviewing the range of tickets we sell and looking at ways of simplifying the huge array of products we currently offer and harmonising the levels people pay for their travel across the different parts of the Midlands.
From the 14th April 2019 the following changes will come into effect on routes 80, 83, X6, X7, X80, X91.
- Child single, return & day tickets are replaced with a Young Person’s single, return and day ticket.
- Available for those aged under 19
- All young person’s tickets will provide a 25% discount off the adult price (subject to rounding’s)
- Young person’s dayriders will be available on the app
- In mid July a new Young Person 7 day & 28 day ticket range will be introduced which will offer customers under 19 a 25% discount off adult prices.
- In September our Termrider product range will be replaced with a new Studyrider ticket. This will give unlimited travel within the zone purchased (e.g. Corby megarider zone), for the whole term (including weekends & half term holidays). Prices will be announced before the start of the new academic year
- Returns will go up 20p
- Group tickets will continue to allow 2 adults and 3 children or 3 adults to travel but will be priced at the cost of 2 adults
- Megarider Platinum is discontinued and passengers can now purchase a megarider Gold to travel from Milton Keynes into Northamptonshire
- Due to the very low volume of sales the Concessionary dayrider Gold is discontinued. Passengers are advised to either travel for free on their concessionary pass after the appropriate time restriction or purchase the standard dayrider Gold
*Note young person 7 day & 28 day will be introduced in mid July