Stagecoach Bus is joining forces with Greener Journeys and other local bus providers to launch a major drive to get the public out of cars and onto the bus.
The initiative, which will run for a week from 4th July, will see leading
bus companies across the country encouraging their local communities to ditch
their cars in favour of a greener mode of transport; their local bus network.
The average bus commuter spends 6 hours on the bus every week. Give the bus a try and see what you could achieve on board...
You could read 52 books in one year
You could learn French in half a year
You could knit 28 scarves a year
You could read 8,550 newspaper articles a year
You could watch every episode of Games of Thrones, Mad Men
and Breaking Bad in a year
You could have 12 Facetime catch-ups a week using the free Wifi
Or, like a third of commuters, listen to other people's conversations
Join our Facebook competition to win £100 in Amazon vouchers*! All you have to do is upload a picture of how you spend your time on board during Catch the Bus Week.
We’ll also be running an array of activities across the country. To find out more about what is happening in your area please visit your local homepage from the 'choose location' drop down menu at the top right of this page.
Give the bus a try and make the most of your time on board.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be aged 16 or over.
2. The competition is open to UK residents only.
3. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
4. Entries must be received by 12pm on Sunday 10 July 2016.
5. Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries.
6. Winners will be notified via Facebook by Monday 18th July 2016. If the prize is not claimed by 1 September 2016, Stagecoach Group has the right to select another winner at random who will receive the prize instead.
7. The adjudicator’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prize is not transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
9. Stagecoach Group accepts no liability for any losses or injuries suffered in connection with the prize.
10. Employees, their relatives and agencies of Stagecoach Group are not eligible to enter.
11. Stagecoach Group is compliant with the Data Protection Act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.