This competition is now closed. Find out about our winners on the Stagecoach blog.
Are you a student who loves to write?
Do you love to explore your local area finding the coolest things to do, the newest restaurants and the best bars?
We’re looking for great writers with a passion for student life and exploring their local area to help us create great content for our blog.
We need writers who can make sure students are in-the-know by offering them the best tips and advice on student life, from budgeting to brunch spots, productivity to parties, studying hacks to travel tips.
We want you to get out there in cities and towns across the UK to explore the best things your area has to offer, and we’ll thank you with a year’s free bus travel!
We’re looking for three student writers at universities across the UK to each write four pieces of content for the Stagecoach blog, between October 2017 and October 2018.
You’ll work with Stagecoach’s content team to come up with ideas for great blog posts and they’ll support you with lots of help and advice for writing great blog content.
Your content will be posted on the Stagecoach blog and posted across our social media channels which are seen by thousands of people every day!
Plus, you’ll get a year’s free bus travel so you can get out there and explore, AND a goodie bag of treats.
We’re looking for passionate writers who can cover a range of blog topics about travel and student life.
Our tone is friendly and informative, with an older-sibling authority. You can get an idea of the kind of content we love over at the Stagecoach blog.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must be over 18
2. At the time of entry, entrants must be studying at a university in England, Scotland or Wales
3. Entrants must submit up to 500 words in English about their favourite place in the UK – this will form their entry
4. Entrants must email their entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Stagecoach unirider student ambassador entry. Their entry must be submitted as the body of the email, not as an attachment
5. Entrants must provide links to any public social media channels in their submission. If accounts are found to have offensive, illegal, obscene, vulgar or threatening content, these entrants will be excluded.
6. Submissions must be the original work of the entrant alone and no joint entries will be accepted
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person
8. Entries will be judged on the quality of writing and those that fit more closely with the Stagecoach blog writing style and tone
9. The competition will end on Friday 13 October 2017
10. The competition will be judged by members of Stagecoach staff and an independent judge
11. Winners will be announced and contacted by email no later than Friday 27 October
12. Three winners will be chosen and they will receive a unirider or equivalent annual student ticket for the duration of the university year
13. If the winner has already purchased a unirider or equivalent student ticket, the cost of the ticket will be refunded. If a short term ticket has been purchased, Stagecoach will refund the cost of this ticket and supply an annual ticket or equivalent
14. The three winners will also receive a "student essentials" goodie bag.
15. Winners will be required to produce four pieces of blog content for the Stagecoach Bus blog between October 2017 and October 2018. Details of submission content, deadlines and other processes will be detailed with the winner after they have accepted their prize.
17. If the winner does not uphold the agreement to create the number of pieces required in the agreed time and quality, their student ticket must be surrendered.
18. Winners will act as ‘Brand Ambassadors’ for Stagecoach Bus Limited (“SBL”) and must work in a manner that reflects and upholds the reputation of the company
17. Any actions of methods or promotion which SBL deems as contradictory or disparaging to the Brand’s reputation may result in the termination of the individual’s Brand Ambassador status
18. SBL reserves the right to alter the prizes, these terms and conditions or cancel the competition. If the entries are not of sufficiently high quality Stagecoach Bus may extend the closing date.
19. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address
20. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
21. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. Once the winners have been notified, the entrant is required to contact Stagecoach to confirm the student ticket they wish to receive as a prize. SBL endeavours to have the prize delivered within 10 working days
23. SBL decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into
24. SBL accepts no liability for any losses or injuries suffered in connection with the prize.
25. Employees, their relatives and agencies of SBL are not eligible to enter
26. SBL is compliant with the Data Protection Act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent