We all need to do whatever we can to protect each other from Coronavirus, so in line with the latest government guidance, there are measures in place to help you to travel with confidence, including limiting available seats on buses and enhanced cleaning. Unless you’re exempt, you must wear a face covering when using public transport, throughout your journey. Please avoid busy times, use contactless payment where you can and take your litter with you. For up to date information see our Coronavirus page.
There are temporary timetables in Wales between 25 October and 9 November due to a two-week Welsh Government lockdown.
Are you a local student, artist, designer or engineer looking for a platform to promote your work? Or perhaps you’re just looking for a new creative challenge? Either way, get involved in our Bus to the Future competition and this summer you could see your designs showcased on our Oxfordshire buses as well as take home £500!
Interested? Here’s what you need to know…
Throughout June we’re celebrating Green Month, a four week long campaign where we’ll be talking greener smarter travel while raising awareness about the benefits of using public transport to reduce carbon emissions.
To celebrate all things green and continue on our mission to reduce carbon emissions in Oxford city we’ve launched our Bus to the Future competition. We want to hear what you have to say about how you want buses of the future to look, feel, operate, and most of all keep our community as green as possible.
Using this as inspiration we want you to share with us your bus of the future idea. You never know, one day your design might even come to life!
We’ll be showcasing all entries in a pop-up gallery on our Facebook page which has over 2,000 followers. We’ll also be talking to local newspapers, publications, radio and TV to get coverage of your design. So if you’re looking to get noticed this’ll certainly be a great platform for you. Not forgetting the winning design, along with any of your promotional materials such as your website, will be showcased on buses around Oxfordshire AND you’ll get to take home £500!
Register your interest by sending an email to [email protected]
You’ll receive an entry form and everything you need to know about the competition.
Deadline for entries is Monday 3 July 2017.
1. The promoter is: Stagecoach in Oxfordshire, whose registered office is at Horspath Road, Oxford, OX4 2RY.
2. Employees of Stagecoach Bus Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to get involved in the competition.
3. On Monday 5 June 2017 Stagecoach in Oxfordshire will launch its Bus to the Future competition where the public are invited to design a bus of the future. The design must have a green element to it, for example the design must include an element that will help reduce carbon emissions.
4. To enter the public must first of all register their interest by emailing [email protected] and completing the ‘register your interest’ form.
5. Designs must not be any bigger than A3 size.
6. All entries into the Bus to the Future competition must be delivered by post or dropped off in person to the address Stagecoach in Oxfordshire, Horspath Road, Oxford, OX4 2RY, or emailed to [email protected].
7. The deadline for entries is midnight on Monday 3 July 2017.
8. All entries will then be showcased on Stagecoach in Oxfordshire’s Facebook page in a pop-up gallery where the public will be invited to vote for their favourite design by pressing the ‘like’ button. The design with the most ‘likes’ will be crowned the winner.
9. The Bus to the Future design with the most ‘likes’ on Facebook will be crowned the winner. The prize: the winning design will be showcased on selected Stagecoach buses in Oxfordshire during summer/autumn 2017 and receive a £500 cheque.
10. The winner will be involved in a PR programme that will involve a quote in a news release, media interviews and photographs on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 July 2017. The winner must be available to take part in publicity on these days.
11. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
12. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
13. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
14. No cash alternatives to the prize will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
15. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 1 day of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within two days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By contacting Stagecoach in Oxfordshire to validate their prize the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to Stagecoach in Oxfordshire and not to any other party.