Bus Driver Blackwood, Training Provided
Passenger Carrying Vehicle Driver Job Description
Main purpose of job:
To drive Passenger Carrying Vehicles and transport passengers in a safe, skilled and comfortable manner and in accordance with the Company’s routes and schedules.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To drive vehicles and use Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To provide a high standard of customer service.
- To wear the Company uniform provided and maintain a smart and tidy appearance when on duty in accordance with Company Dress Code.
- To ensure compliance with Company procedures and regulations and relevant legislation e.g. Road Traffic Act, Health & Safety at Work Act etc.
- To operate pre-determined routes on time in accordance with relevant duty rosters and schedules.
- To stop for intending passengers to board or alight where indicated either at official bus stops or by request on “Hail & Ride” sections of route only.
- To control passenger loadings and ensure the legal capacities are not exceeded.
- To treat passengers in a helpful, polite and professional manner.
- To input fare information into the ticket machine, correctly issue tickets, record passes and return tickets and give change where necessary.
- To check the validity of travel cards, tickets and passes and to withdraw those suspected to be invalid where safe to do so.
- To ensure that all cash taken is paid in to the Company in accordance with Company procedures.
- To deploy the on bus wheelchair ramp (where fitted) when requested for use by disabled passengers.
- To follow Company procedures for breakdowns, accidents and emergencies.
- To carry out a comprehensive safety check of the vehicle and complete the Vehicle Defect Report Card in accordance with the Company procedures.
- To be fully conversant with any Company vehicle required to be driven on receipt of relevant training.
- To check vehicles for lost property and hand in any such items to the appropriate member of staff in accordance with Company procedures.
- To set destination blinds to ensure that the correct destination is displayed and legible.
- To conform to all rules and regulations as laid down in the Road Traffic Act and in Company procedures, and to observe any Road Traffic Conditions which may apply.
- To follow the instructions of Company Official and Police Officers.
Hours: Shifts 5 day over 7 working both days and afternoons
Qualifications: Customer Service Experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £9.00 per hour basic with enhanced rate for overtime and Sundays.
TO APPLY: PLEASE CALL 01495 233800