We are continuing to review our network to make sure we keep our customers moving. We are working closely with the Welsh Government and local authorities to maintain the widest network of services possible. Any changes will be published below.
Service changes across Merthyr Tydfil and Bargoed
From 29 May 2022
Services X4,T4 & 78
- Service X4 will no longer run.
- Service T4 will cover all journeys on the X4 route between Merthyr Tydfil and Cardiff. Buses will run up to every 30 minutes.
- Service 78 will cover all journeys on the X4 route between Merthyr Tydfil and Abergavenny. Buses will run up to every hour.
- Services T4 and 78 will connect in both directions
Services 78,79 & 81
- Following feedback from our customers, Service 78 will now stop at Princetown and Llechryd.
- Service 78 will no longer serve Twynygarreg, Service 79 will serve Twynygarreg instead. Buses will run up to every 60 minutes.
- Services 78,79 and 81 will run up to every 15 minutes between Merthyr Tydfil and Troedyrhiw and up to 30 minutes between Merthyr Tydfil and Treharris to improve the reliability of these services and provide better connections with other services.
- Service 2 Merthyr-Bargoed will no longer run.
- Services 1 and 3 will cover all stops on the Service 2 route.
- Service 1 will run its normal route to Deri, then stop at Brithdir, New Tredegar and Bargoed in both directions. The bus will stop near Health centres in Rhymney, Pontlottyn, Deri and New Tredegar.
- Service 3 will stop at New Tredegar, Phillipstown, Abertysswg and Prince Charles Hospital.
- Service 27 that operates between Blackwood & Bargoed will serve Aberbargoed.
Other services around Merthyr Tydfil
- Services 23, 27, 33, 35 & 38 timetables have been changed to improve reliability.
- Service 25 will run up to every hour.
- Service 78A and Service 35A will no longer run. Please see Traveline.Cymru for alternative journeys.
Please continue to wear a face covering when you travel unless you're exempt
Journey assistance Cards can make it easier for you to let our bus drivers know that you're exempt
Visit the Welsh government website for more COVID information
If you’d like to give us feedback on our timetables please fill out our South Wales feedback form