From January 16 2017, some of our services in the Blaenau Gwent, Newbridge and Cwmbran Town areas will be changing so we can improve our bus network and reliability.
Please see full details below
• All journeys will extend to serve Trinant.
• After serving Llwyn On Lane and Maesygarn Road buses will operate to Croespenmaen traffic lights then operate a loop via Penyfan Industrial Estate, Cwmnantgwynt and Trinant then continue back to Blackwood via Maesygarn Road and Llwyn On Lane.
• Route 5A will no longer operate via Oakdale Square and Central Avenue.
• Passengers on Groveside Road, Llwyn On Lane and Maesygarn Road wishing to travel to Blackwood will need to wait at new stops on the opposite side of the road. A new bus stop will also be installed at Croespenmaen after the bus has turned left into Parkway.
• Combined with Route 52, this new service will offer two buses per hour between Blackwood, Cwmnantgwynt and Trinant during Monday to Saturday daytime. Return ticket can be bought and used on either route.
Service 12 Blackwood – Cefn Fforest – Aberbargoed – New Tredegar
With the exception of the 0700 & 0730 journeys from New Tredegar, all Stagecoach buses will operate via Attlee Road and Albany Road in Blackwood rather than Pentwyn Road and High Street. There are no changes to the timetable.
Service 22 Cwmbran – Pontypool – Llanhilleth – Ebbw Vale
This service will be replaced with the new Service X22. Alternative services are provided as follows:
• Between Ebbw Vale, Tyllwyn, Cwm, Llanhilleth, Pontypool and Cwmbran – use new Service X22.
• Between Swffryd and Pontypool – use Service 21 .
• Between Pontypool, Kemys Fawr and Cwmbran – use route 21.
Service 50 Newport – Caerphilly – Ystrad Mynach – Bargoed
On Monday to Saturday daytime, buses will operate every 30 minutes between Newport, Caerphilly and Bargoed instead of every 20 minutes. However additional journeys will be provided between Newport and Caerphilly resulting in a bus every 15 minutes on this section of the route.
Service 52 Blackwood – Newbridge – Trinant - Abertillery
• Minor timetable changes to most journeys. In particular, most daytime journeys will operate 5 minutes earlier from Blackwood and between 1 to 3 minutes later from Abertillery.
• The changes will improve connections with route E3 at Aberbeeg and Service X15 at Abertillery.
• All journeys will depart from Stand 8 in Blackwood Interchange.
Service 56 Newport – Risca – Ynysddu – Blackwood – Markham – Tredegar
• During Monday to Saturday daytime, buses will operate every 30 minutes between Blackwood and Newport instead of every 20 minutes. The one bus per hour that operates to/from Tredegar generally remains unchanged.
• These changes are being made by Stagecoach in South Wales.
95C Aberbeeg – Llanhilleth – Newbridge Comprehensive School
• The 0805 journey from Aberbeeg Square will start in Trinant at 0758.
• Returning from school, passengers should use Service 52 from Newbridge (opposite the Co-op) at 1531.
Service 151 Blackwood – Newbridge – Risca – Newport
On Monday to Saturdays there will be a new journey departing Blackwood at 0530. This journeys will also divert to serve Rogerstone (Morrisons). Operates via the normal route to the Welsh Oak then via Rivermead Way, Rogerstone Morrisons at 0606, then Rivermead Way to resume the normal at The Gormans.
Service X15 Newport – Risca – Newbridge – Abertillery – Brynmawr
• In Nantyglo, all buses will operate via Garn Cross instead of Coed Cae.
• All journeys will serve Rogerstone Morrisons. Daytime journeys will divert off the A467 bypass to serve the bus stop inside the store and then re-join the bypass. Evening and Sunday buses that serve Rogerstone Vicarage will operate onto the A467 bypass at Pontymister Aldi, serve the store and then operate through
Foxgloves Estate and re-join Risca Road at the Gormans. This provides the first evening and Sunday service to this area.
• The timetable on all days is revised to take into account the revised route and to improve reliability. In particular a new journey will operate from Newport at 0630 to replace a similar journey currently provided by Route X18.
Service X18 Newport – Risca – Newbridge – Trinant – Ebbw Vale
This service will be replaced with the new Service X22
Alternative services are provided as follows:
• Between Ebbw Vale, Festival Park, Cwm and Newbridge – use new Service X22.
• Between Crumlin, Newbridge, West End, Crosskeys, Risca, Rogerstone Morrisons, Royal Gwent Hospital and Newport – use Service X15
• Between Rogerstone Morrisons and Newport – use Service X15
• Between Trinant, Crumlin and Newbridge – use Service 52.
• Between Trinant and Ebbw Vale – use Service 52 to Aberbeeg Square then change to Service E3.
• Between Trinant and Newbridge Comprehensive School – use Service 95C in the morning and Service 52 in the afternoon.
Service X22 Ebbw Vale – Llanhilleth – Newbridge – Pontypool – Cwmbran
• New express Service is being introduced to replace parts of Services 22 & X18.
• Buses will operate hourly on Mondays to Saturdays.
• From Ebbw Vale Bus Station the route will be via the Learning Zone, Tyllwyn, Festival Park, Waunllwyd, Cwm, Aberbeeg Square, Llanhilleth High Street, Meadow Street Railway Bridge, A467 bypass, Crumlin, North Road, Newbridge Town Centre (Ebbw View Terrace), Bridge Street, A467, Hafodyrynys, Pontypool Town Centre, A4042, Croesyceiliog and Edlogan Way to Cwmbran Bus Station.
To view full timetables for the Blaenau Gwent/Newbridge areas please click here
Service 80D Cwmbran - Pontypool - Pontypool College
Morning journey from Two Locks will terminate on Stand 4 at Pontypool Town Hall. The journey to the College will still depart from Stand 1.
Service 1 Cwmbran - Thornhill - Cwmbran
Morning frequency on Saturday before 0900 reduced to 20 minutes. Sunday frequency reduced to 30 minutes.
Service 5 Cwmbran - Greenmeadow - Fairwater - Ty Canol
Route extended to Ty Canol. Timetable amended to every 15 minutes Mon-Sat. Sunday service introduced operating up to every hour
Service 6 Cwmbran - St Dials - Ty Gwyn Road - Ty Canol
Timetable revised to every 15 minutes Mon-Sat. Sunday frequency reduced to 60 minutes
Service 6 new route will operate to and from Ty Canol via Ty Gwyn Way, Ty Gwyn Road, Blenheim Road, Henllys Way, Wesley Street, Commercial Street, Victoria Street and Cwmbran Town Centre.
Service 15 Newport - Cwmbran - Pontypool - Trevethin
Amended the timetable on Mon-Fri morning peak period to improve reliability.
Service X24 Newport - Cwmbran - Pontypool - Varteg Hill - Blaenavon
Two morning journeys on Mon-Fri have been revised to improve spacing of journeys between Cwmbran and Newport
0841 will now depart from Cwmbran Bus Station Stand A at 0839
0843 will now depart from Cwmbran Bus Station Stand A at 0848
Service X20 Newport - Cwmbran - Pontypool - Abergavenny
First journey to Abergavenny to depart later and retimed to improve reliability.
Service E2 Ebbw Vale Hilltop (circular)
Timetable revised to improve reliability
Service E3 Garn Lydan - Rassau - Ebbw Vale - Cwm - Abertillery - Brynmawr
Route and timetable revised. All journeys between Brynmawr-Cwmcelyn to operate via Coed Cae
Timetables for the Cwmbran Town and Brynmawr changes will be available soon
*Please note that the new timetables for all areas will not appear in the journey planner until January 16th