Unirider is the flexible student bus pass that gives you cheaper travel anywhere within your zone - pay once and use it as many times as you like throughout the term.
Why you'll love your student pass
The South Wales unirider is valid on all Stagecoach buses in South Wales, not just the bus you need to get to Uni. That means you can use it for days out too. Whether it's going to class, the shops, cinema or food and drinks. If you can get there by Stagecoach bus in your zone, you can get there with unirider!
Here’s a few ideas of some journeys you could make with your unirider...
• Fancy a day out in the hills? We have Service T4/T14 that takes you right to the heart of the Brecon Beacons. From the Storey Arms bus stop walks are available to the highest point in Southern Britain Penyfan. On a clear day you can see for miles right down to the Bristol Channel and as far north as Snowdonia!
• For a day at the beach and fun fare why not try Porthcawl! We have an hourly Service 172 running from Aberdare, Tonypandy and Bridgend. You can also stop off at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet in Bridgend for a little retail therepy!
• Why not have a day exploring history with a visit to Castell Coch near Cardiff. Castell Coch is a 19th-century Gothic Revival castle built above the village of Tongwynlais. The first castle on the site was built by the Normans after 1081. You can get there directly on our Service 132 gold jumping off at Bute Street (from Cardiff) or Wyndham Street (from Maerdy/Pontpridd) in Tongwynlais village and walking up the hill. The gold buses have free WIFI and luxury leather seats too.
• A little bit further afield you can also travel as far as Abergavenny and the historic city of Hereford. Abergavenny is a vibrant town with a weekly market on a Tuesday. Hereford is a historic cathedral with a new eating quarter in the old market and shopping galore! Get there on Service X3
• Fancy a day or a night out in Cardiff why try of the many student bars, clubs and coffee shops around the city centre! These include the Vulcan Lounge, Breakout Cardiff, Gassy Jacks and Gwdihw Cafe Bar! We have frequent services into town until late with free WIFI and USB charging points! Plan your journey now
How much does a student pass cost?
Scroll table horizontally to view table content
|Ticket Type||Price||Validity Dates|
| Cardiff & Newport term 3 Student ticket
||£60.99|| 7th May 2019- 7th June 2019
| South Wales term 3 Student ticket buy online now
||£100.99|| 7th May 2019- 7th June 2019
You can buy your ticket online. Student tickets bought online will be loaded onto a StagecoachSmart student card.Top up easily online and get peace of mind that your ticket is protected if your card is lost or stolen. Simply tap your card onto the reader when you board the bus, and remember you'll be required to show student ID when you board the bus which must include a photo.
What happens if I lose my student bus pass?
We realise that there is a small chance of you losing your ticket, please look after it as it’s a valuable item.
If you lose your Student Smart card please notify us either by logging into the My account section of this website or by contacting the StagecoachSmart Helpdesk on 0345 810 1000.
A replacement Student Smart will be posted to you free of charge.
If you want to cancel your unirider, we will calculate the refund by deducting the cost of the value of the ticket portion used based on the best value alternative ticket you would have been able to purchase at the date the ticket was purchased for the period it was used. There is a £10 administration fee for refunds