Following changes to government guidance in England, from 19th July more seats are available on our buses and standing is allowed.
Please continue to wear a face covering throughout your journey, unless you’re exempt.
For the latest travel information for England, Wales and Scotland, see our Coronavirus page.
Our termrider ticket gives young people in full-time education unlimited travel in their chosen travel zone. It’s valid for each school term, so there’s no need to worry about getting daily or weekly tickets.
It’s valid for 5 to 16 year olds in primary or secondary school across the South. Students at sixth form or college can buy a student bus ticket or if you are studying at university, click here for unirider tickets. Those who look older than their age will need to carry ID.
You can buy a termrider for the following ticket zones:
Scroll table horizontally to view table content
|Gold (Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex)||Buy Now|
|Blackwater Valley||Buy Now|
|Bognor Regis||Buy Now|
|Chichester (Gold Ticket)||Buy Now|
|Hayling Island||Buy Now|
|South Hants||Buy Now|
You can buy and use your termrider ticket for each school term. The validity of the termriders are:
There are some variances to start and end of term dates for local college tickets. You can double check term dates for your college on the buy now links for your area above.
Visit our bus tickets page and choose when and where you want to travel and we'll tell you how much it costs and where you can go.
As you get ready to return to school, we know you’ll have some concerns about what might be different for you when you use the bus. At this difficult time our priority is to protect the safety of children, our passengers and colleagues.
When using our services, Students should always try to socially distance by at least one metre.
We have also created a number of dedicated School / College bus services, of which the Department for Education (DfE) have advised that social distancing does not apply on these bus services.
Click here to view the list of School/College only services +
Below is an update with the latest advice and information about travelling on these dedicated school bus services:
- Students are requested to sit with members of their own social bubble wherever possible
- Where Students from more than one establishment use the same bus, students must sit with members of their own school or college (more details below).
- Please keep windows open wherever possible for good ventilation
- Wear face coverings at all times unless exempt, e.g. medical reasons
- Students should not board if they or members of their household have symptoms of Corona virus
- Use hand sanitiser to clean your hands before and after your journey
- Maintain social distancing wherever possible at bus stops
- We may need to change or adapt some elements of our plans as the situation changes in the UK. Please ensure you check this page regularly for any updates as we will add additional information as more is known.
Q What happens where Students from more than one education establishment use the same bus?
We have identified services where groups of students need to split :
417 (Chobham - Farnborough)
Single Decker - Students from Farnborough 6th form will sit at the front and students from Farnborough College of Technology will sit at the back.
622 (Tadley - Basingstoke)
Double Decker - Students from Queen Marys College will sit upstairs, whilst students from Bishop Challoner Catholic Secondary School will sit downstairs.
690 (Worplesdon - Kingfield Green)
Single Decker - Students from Woking College will sit at the front and students from Winston Churchill School will sit at the back.
Double Decker - Students from Winston Churchill School will sit upstairs and students from St John The Baptist will sit downstairs.