1. “The Company” referred to in these conditions is a subsidiary of Stagecoach UK Bus. These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The Hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicle. If the Hirer is a company, group or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person. The Hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract whether or not they actually travel with the party. The Company will only accept instructions from the prize winner. If the Hirer is not going to travel with the party, a representative must be chosen and the Company informed prior to the event taking place.
2. If you win one of the new Gold 94 fleet for a day, once you have chosen a selected day, that day will consist of 8 consecutive hours from start to finish, with a pick up no earlier than 8am and the last drop off no later than 3.30am.
3. If you win the Routemaster whilst unlimited mileage is included in the prize the days travel must fall within the Cheltenham and Gloucester boundaries as defined by Stagecoach West. Please see our Conditions of Carriage for other information which can be found on our website www.stagecoachbus.com.
4. Should you need to cancel the date of travel for either the Routemaster or one of the new Gold 94 fleet, a 48 hour notice must be given with subsequent availability to be determined by Stagecoach West up until the prize expiry date of 31st March 2017.
5. “The Hirer” referred to is the prize winner or notified responsible person.
6. If you win the Routemaster you must be taken between the hours of 9am and 5pm – the duration is your choice
7. The Routemaster can not go on any motoraways and the journey must be within a 30 mile radius of GL1 3HF and there should be one pick up point and one drop of point.
8.The route for the journey involved will be subject to a route assessment prior to the event and if the route should be deemed unsuitable, you will be informed in good time in order for an alternative venue/route to be found.
9. The legal capacity for the Routemaster is 72 people seated. Standing is forbidden at all times.
10. The Routemaster cannot accommodate wheelchairs or mobility scooters but can take a maximum of 2 fold up buggies. Please note: the bus does not have seat belts.
11. If you win one of the new Gold 94 fleet or our Routemaster all personal property is carried at the Owner’s Risk and the Company will not be liable for any loss or damage however caused, except where such loss or damage is caused by the proven negligence of the Company’s employees. All items of lost property recovered from the vehicle will be held at the Company’s premises where the vehicle is based and will be subject to the current Public Service Vehicle (Lost Property) Regulations. The Company will provide details of this legislation upon request.
12. The Gold 94 can accommodate a wheelchair, mobility scooter and a buggy. Please note: the bus does not have seat belts
13. The legal capacity for 94 Gold Fleet, at all times is 72 people. Standing is forbidden at all times.
14. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the Hirer and it is the responsibility of the Hirer to account for all passengers any those times. The Company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the Hirer.
15. Should the driver be instructed by the Hirer (or appointed representative on board) to leave at any point without the full party, then the Company will not be liable in any way for persons left behind. Should party members fail to return to the vehicle within 30 minutes of the scheduled departure time, the Company reserves the right for the vehicle to depart without the missing party members with no liability being attached – the Company will not be responsible for travel, meals, accommodation or any other cost incurred due to failure to meet this condition to return to the vehicle before departure.
16. The Driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Service Vehcile (Conduct of Driver’s, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 1990. A copy of which is available upon request.
17. Smoking on the vehicle is prohibited at all times.
18. Any passenger removed from the vehicle as a result of these regulations ceases to be the responsibility of the Company with immediate effect.
19. The Company will not accept any liability for damage, injury or loss for any passenger entering or leaving the vehicle whilst in motion.
20. The Hirer will be responsible for the cost of repairing vehicle damage or excessive cleaning from the actions of party members.
21. No animals (other that guide dogs and assistance dogs notified to the Company in advance) may be carried on the vehicle without prior written agreement from the Company.
22. In the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour, or on the happening of any event over which the Company has no control (including adverse weather, road condition and mechanical failure), the Company may cancel the hire and arrange an alternative date.
23.The Company gives it’s advise on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown of traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the Company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances, the Company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Hirer as a result.
24. In the event of mechanical failure, the Company will offer an alternative vehicle.
25. In accordance with provisions under the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 it is a condition of operation of any vehicle for the principle purpose of carrying passenger’s for the whole or part of the journey to or from a designated sporting event, that no intoxicating liquor shall be carried on the vehicles.
26. No person who is considered to be intoxicated or drunk shall be carried on such a vehicle.