In line with the latest government guidance, we've put in place further measures in England to help customers practice social distancing. This includes limiting the available seats on buses.
Face coverings are compulsory when using public transport in England and Scotland. In Wales, please wear a face covering, if you can.
The safety of our customers and employees is our priority, so please avoid busy times, use contactless payment and take your litter with you. For up to date information see our Coronavirus page
1. Take the kids bowling – The Barnsley Bowl in Carlton gives you the opportunity to take the kids out for a family evening out after they’ve been to school and you have finished work. Get there from Barnsley interchange on our 59a service!
2. Swimming – If you want to go for a relaxing swim after work or for an intensive exercise session after work, the Metrodome leisure centre is just a 5 minute walk from Barnsley interchange. Get the bus into Barnsley interchange this evening!
3. Shopping – I know I like to hit the shops for some retail therapy after a hard day at work, and there are not many places in Yorkshire that offer more choice than Meadowhall. Catch the X17 from Barnsley interchange or Chesterfield and travel on the motorway in style on our gold buses!
4. Drinks – Catching up with friends for a few drinks after work? Whether it’s trendy (Bungalows and Bears), traditional (Globe), indie (Leadmill), a popular chain (Vodka Revolution), exotic (Revs de Cuba) or contemporary cocktails (Wick at Both Ends), Sheffield has a huge number of bars to choose from. Don’t worry about parking. Catch one of our many bus services from Barnsley, Chesterfield or Doncaster into the interchange in the middle of Sheffield!
5. Theatre – If you’re seeking a family fun evening out at the theatre, look no further than going to a packed out show at The Pomegranate Theatre in Chesterfield. With a number of our services stopping little more than a 2 minute walk from Corporation Street, you can get there and back with our Eveningrider ticket!
6. Go to the park – Queen’s Park is a beautiful setting for a relaxing stroll with the family or a picnic in an evening. The park is served by our 2,2a, X17, 39 and 55 buses, so you can get there with our evening rider ticket!
7. Cinema – Whether its with friends or family, one of the most popular after work activities in the evening is going to the cinema. The Vue Cinema at Meadowhall is the perfect place to settle in with some popcorn and treats to watch the latest premiere. You can get to Meadowhall in the evening on our X17 service. Our Eveningrider ticket can get you there and back for just £2.50!
8. Gym – If you have an active lifestyle and like to exercise in an evening, there’s nothing that feels more rewarding than going to the gym. The Gym in Parkgate Rotherham is the perfect place to unwind and exercise. You can get there on services 9, 22x, 208, 218, 218a and the 221!
9. Eating out – Whether it’s a romantic meal, a catch up with friends after work or a meal out with the kids, Ecclesall Road in Sheffield offers plenty of choice for all occasions. We have a number of services that stop on Ecclesall road or close by, including the 83a, 88 and 65 buses, so you can enjoy an evening out if you don’t feel like cooking!