Has just got greener!
Since September 2012, the CityConnect50 bus service has linked Salford with MediaCityUK, Manchester City Centre and South Manchester. Connecting you to more of the things you need and more of the things you love.
Now you will love it even more.
From February 2014, we are investing over 3.5 million in the latest diesel-electric vehicles with a distinctive branding specially for the CityConnect50 route.
Using both diesel and electric power these buses include innovative features such as harnessing energy used when braking to charge electric batteries, and stop/start technology when stationary.
This all means our hybrid buses produce 35% less CO2 than a conventional bus, providing you with a cleaner, smoother quieter journey and more comfortable journey.
Your new buses also include accessibility features such as wheelchair and buggy space.
When can I catch it?
CityConnect50 runs as regularly throughout the day and evening, so you can connect to Manchester and Salford more often.
|Monday to Saturday||Sundays and Bank Holidays*|
|Up to every 10 minutes during the day||Up to every 15 minutes during the day|
|Up to every 15 minutes in the evenings||Up to every 20 minutes in the evening|
* Bank Holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Connect in no time
Here are a few sample journey times. As you can see, getting around is easier than ever:
- Salford Shopping Centre to MediaCityUK in around 10 minutes
- Salford Shopping Centre to Manchester City Centre in around 20 minutes
- Salford Shopping Centre to Manchester Royal Infirmary in around 25 minutes
- Salford Shopping Centre to East Didsbury in around 50 minutes
What's on the route?
CityConnect50 stops off at lots of different destinations. Some ideal for practical things in life such as universities and medical services. Others perfect for a day out or night on the town. It's the direct bus service that drops you off at:
- Lowry Shopping Centre
- Lowry Museum and Theatre
- Salford Shopping Centre
- University of Salford
- Manchester City Centre
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Manchester
- Manchester Museum
- Manchester Dental Hospital
- Royal Eye Hospital
- Manchester Royal Infirmary
- St Mary's Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
- Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre