It's no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering on public transport in England, Scotland or Wales. We do encourage you to wear a face covering in crowded spaces, if you can
For the latest travelling safely information for England, Wales and Scotland, see our Coronavirus page.
16 Mar 2022
Well, trust us, you’re going to want to hear this!
If you buy a UniRider bus pass, you could save enough money termly, to purchase 296 sausage rolls (yes, you read that right). You could save enough yearly to buy 160 cinema tickets, and over your three years, you could buy 34 years - yes 34 years’ worth of Netflix memberships…
How could we make this even better, we hear you ask? We’re going to offer one of you a free annual UniRider bus pass, worth £400.
Head over to our Twitter page to find out how! (T&Cs apply)
Promoter: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire, Head Office, Broadacre House, 16-20 Lowther Street, Carlisle, CA3 8DA.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open only to Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire bus customers. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. This promotion is only open to students at Lancaster University, who can provide a valid student ID card.
4. Participants can enter this competition by commenting on the specified Twitter post on @StagecoachCNL, stating how they’d spend a £400 annual saving.
5. The Promotion will begin at 00:01 on 18th March 2022 (“Opening Date”) and close at 23:59 on 1st April 2022
6. A winner will be selected by Tangerine Communications, using a random selection tool.
7. The winner will be contacted by 23:59 on 5th April 2022.
8. The winner will have a period of four days to respond to the message from Tangerine. If the winner does not respond within this time, Tangerine will select an alternative winner.
HOW TO REDEEM THE PRIZE:
9. Once all information has been successfully verified by Tangerine Communications, the recipient will be eligible to claim their prize.
10. Tangerine communications will collect the winners address and personal details, along with a photograph for the bus pass.
11. Tangerine will send the bus pass via post, within 28 business days.
a. Once received, element of the Prize can be altered or amended. Any changes are subject to the Promoter’s Partner’s discretion and the supplier’s booking conditions.
b. So far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from: a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, the Prize which does not reach the intended recipient), cancellation of, or use of the Prize c) any act or default by the recipient.
c. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by the recipient or their guest should they be unable to redeem their Prize for whatever reason.
d. Recipients and guests take full responsibility for any risks associated with travelling to, from and within the United Kingdom to claim their prize.
e. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
12. It is the responsibility of the Prize recipients to ensure they can be contacted at all reasonable times by the Promoter and its associated agencies regarding claiming their Prize. It is the responsibility of the prize recipient to supply the correct personal information and the correct postal address. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of prizes caused by the provision of wrong information, postal disputes or other causes beyond its control.
13. All recipients must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material.
14. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
15. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation, this also includes the selling of bus passes to third parties or them being sold or made available for commercial gain in any way, including on online auction sites.
16. In the event that for any reason the Prize recipients do not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the recipients and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value. The recipients agree to comply with the reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents and to be responsible to the Promoter for the acts and omissions of their guests.
17. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, tablet or mobile device relating to or resulting from participation in connection with this Promotion.
19. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the full names and counties of residence of the recipients.
21. The full names of recipients may be obtained by writing to Students Giveaway, Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire, Second Floor, Broadacre House, 16-20 Lowther Street, Carlisle, CA3 8DA up to two months after the Closing Date.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.