We know many of you will be looking for information for how lockdown will affect our services. We're working hard to keep our services running for essential journeys, however there may have been some changes to timetables in your area. Please check our latest timetables for more information.
We've put in place measures to allow you to travel safely including limiting available seats on buses and enhanced cleaning. Please avoid busy times, use contactless payment where you can, keep your distance and take your litter with you. You can keep up to date checking our main Coronavirus page.
02 Aug 2019
· New student tickets now available on smartcard
· New four week student ticket introduced
Stagecoach West Scotland has announced revisions to its current range of student ticket bus tickets. From 01st August 2019, a new 4 and 13 week student bus ticket will be available replacing the old 12 week paper style ticket.
Both 4 week and 13 week tickets will now be available to buy online and issued on a Stagecoach Smartcard, rather than a paper ticket. Offering significant discount to students of almost 55% savings compared to the equivalent adult tickets available for travel in the same area.
13 week tickets will also still be available to purchase over the counter from local travel shops within Ayr, Kilmarnock and Irvine with valid student identification.
Fiona Doherty, Managing Director for Stagecoach West Scotland said: “We have introduced a new four week ticket to offer students even more choice and flexibility, by extending the 12 week ticket to 13 weeks we believe this gives students better value for money. As tickets provide unlimited travel they can be used to travel to their place of study and to part time jobs, nights out with friends, going to the gym or visiting family at the weekend. Both tickets are available to buy online, ideal for parents to buy for their young person at the start of college or university, providing them with unlimited travel every day.”
Student tickets are available for unlimited travel in the following zones:
· A3 Ayrshire network covers all of South, East and North Ayrshire
· S1 South Ayrshire covers all of South Ayrshire
· N1 North Ayrshire covers all of North Ayrshire
· E1 East Ayrshire covers all of East Ayrshire
· G1 Glasgow covers Glasgow city centre including Hamilton, QEU Hospital and Cumbernauld
· G2 Glasgow covers East and North Ayrshire to Glasgow including travel on service X16 to UWS Hamilton
· G3 Glasgow covers South Ayrshire to Glasgow including travel on the X77 to Glasgow University. The G3 can also be used on the 52 service between Dalmellington and Ayr.
As well as launching the new tickets, the Stagecoach West Scotland team will be in attendance at upcoming Fresher Fairs at Colleges and Universities throughout Ayrshire and Glasgow. They will be on hand to chat to anyone interested in taking advantage of the student discounts, and will have competitions and giveaways on the day too.