We know many of you will be looking for information for how lockdown will affect our services. We're working hard to keep our services running for essential journeys, however there may have been some changes to timetables in your area. Please check our latest timetables for more information.
We've put in place measures to allow you to travel safely including limiting available seats on buses and enhanced cleaning. Please avoid busy times, use contactless payment where you can, keep your distance and take your litter with you. You can keep up to date checking our main Coronavirus page.
26 Feb 2020
Stagecoach supports local charity Ty Hafan
25 February 2010
Bus operator Stagecoach South Wales has supported Ty Hafan by raising over £600 towards the Welsh children’s hospice.
Robert McEwen, Fleet Engineer for Blackwood and Caerphilly depots decided to host a charity raffle throughout December for the second year running. Local businesses and suppliers donated gifts for the raffle and Stagecoach staff and their families were invited to buy tickets. The winners were announced before the Christmas break.
The total amount raised from the raffle was over £300 which was match funded by Stagecoach South Wales to total £624. Kelly Dibble, Senior Fundraising Executive for Corporate Partnerships came to visit Blackwood depot to tell Stagecoach how their donation will be used.
Kelly said: “Since our opening 20 years ago, Ty Hafan has supported over 800 life limited children and their families across Wales. We recently launched a campaign seeking support to help us be there for the next 20 years as we undertake a huge refurbishment of the hospice. We simply couldn’t provide the vital services that we do without the support of the public and businesses like Stagecoach. This donation will help us to make our hospice fit for the future and enable us to continue to provide that much needed life line to local families that need us the most”.
Robert said: “We’re so happy to support Ty Hafan with our second charity raffle. The Stagecoach staff love getting involved especially when it comes to helping local children in our communities and the winners enjoyed the variety of gifts offered by local suppliers. We’d like to thank everyone who donated and helped to organise this raffle, and we hope to continue working with Ty Hafan in the future”.
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Stagecoach is one of Britain's leading public transport businesses, helping connect communities for 40 years.
· Our team of 24,000 people and our 8,300 buses, coaches and trams are part of the fabric of daily life in England, Scotland and Wales.
· We connect people with jobs, skills and training, bring customers to our high streets, connect tourists with visitor attractions, and draw families, friends and communities together.
· Stagecoach is Britain's biggest bus and coach operator. We run megabus, the market-leading value coach operator, and Scottish Citylink, which connects 200 locations across Scotland. In Sheffield, we also operate the Supertram light rail network.
· We are proud to serve communities in major cities including London, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Sheffield, Oxford and Cambridge, as well as rural locations from the Highlands and Islands of Scotland to Wales and south-west England.
· Our impact is about far more than transport - we support the economy, help cut congestion on our roads, protect our environment and air quality, boost safety on our roads, and contribute to a healthier nation.
Stagecoach South Wales
· At Stagecoach South Wales, we are proud to serve communities throughout South East Wales covering Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath, Newport, Monmouthshire, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Torfaen and services into Herefordshire.
· Our team of 880 people help to connect over 23 million passengers every year in South Wales across a fleet of 340 buses.
· We are committed to helping the environment, and our investment in cleaner technology will see 16 new electric buses introduced in Wales this year. By the end of 2020, over a third of our buses will be low or zero emission.