In line with the latest government guidance, we've put in place further measures in England to help customers practice social distancing. This includes limiting the available seats on buses.
Face coverings are compulsory when using public transport in England and Scotland. In Wales, please wear a face covering, if you can.
The safety of our customers and employees is our priority, so please avoid busy times, use contactless payment and take your litter with you. For up to date information see our Coronavirus page
Stagecoach, along with other bus operators across the West Midlands, have signed up to the Bus Alliance, the first of its kind in the country which will see £150 million invested by operators and partners between now and 2021.
The Alliance will enable operators to meet rigorous new standards on key issues such as vehicle emission levels, branding, maximum fares and frequency.
It has been devised by the West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority (ITA) and Transport for West Midlands, part of the West Midlands Combined Authority.
The Alliance will be run by a board that follow their own terms of reference, the board is comprised of councillors and representatives from bodies including local authorities, bus operators, including a representative from Stagecoach, the West Midlands Combined Authority, West Midlands Police, Transport Focus and is supported by the Department for Transport.
The Alliance objectives include:
• To increase bus patronage by 5%.
• Improvement in peak time journey speeds.
• Fare rises of no more the Retail Price Index +1% per annum.
• Customer satisfaction levels remaining at over 85%.
• Discounted young person's travel for everyone under 19 years old.
• Integrated ticketless travel in line with intelligent mobility policy.
• Increased investment in highways infrastructure to aid journey times and reliability.
• Improvement on board through improved seating, next stop announcements and Wi-Fi*.
For more information about the West Midlands Bus Alliance, please visit the Transport for West Midlands website:
Click here for January 2017 Bus Alliance Newsletter