The CCCU unirider is a student bus pass available to all Canterbury Christ Church University students. Whether you’re travelling to a lecture, into the city centre or going for a night out, our unirider ticket will get you there.
Our CCCU unirider gives you unlimited travel from 16 September 2019 through to 17 May 2020, that’s the whole academic year sorted!
The CCCU unirider is valid on all Stagecoach buses in Kent and East Sussex, not just the bus you need to get to Uni. That means you can use it for days out too. Whether you fancy a bit of shopping, a day at the coast or a bit of local history – if there’s a Stagecoach bus there then you can use your unirider!
Our unirider is not valid on Stagecoach Express M2 coach service. To find out more about M2 student prices please go to: www.stagecoachbus.com/stagecoachexpressM2
Here’s just a few ideas of some journeys you could make with your unirider...
• Heading to Dreamland amusement park or Westwood Cross for a bit of retail therapy? Route 8 buses run between Canterbury to Margate throughout the day. The buses have free WIFI and USB charging points too!
• For a day at the beach why not try the Triangle! Triangle buses run from Canterbury to Whitstable or Herne Bay. Triangle buses towards Herne Bay stop right outside Wildwood Animal Park too! Triangle buses also have free WIFI and USB charging points.
• If it’s history you’re after take a visit to the famous Dover Castle on a route 15 bus - relive the courtly days of King Henry II, and venture deep underground in the Secret Wartime Tunnels. Jump off at Pencester Road and walk up the hill or catch a route 80/81 bus to take you up there.
• Travel in style on a Stagecoach Gold route 16 bus to Folkestone. Visit Folkestone’s Harbour Arm, the food, drink and entertainment destination for the town. The gold buses have free WIFI and luxury leather seats too.
• Got some friends at the University of Kent? Jump on a Uni1 or Uni2 bus to the campus. Uni2 buses head back to the city centre until 4am!
To buy or use a CCCU unirider ticket, you’ll need a valid university student ID card. The student number on your university ID card must match the student number on your ticket. You are required to present your student ID card to the driver each time you use your unirider.
You can buy your unirider online now for £343 – that’s less than £1.41 a day for unlimited travel in Kent and East Sussex!
You must provide your student ID number to buy this ticket. If you don't have your student ID number yet, please contact the CCCU i-zone.
Your unirider will come loaded onto an exclusive CCCU smartcard, which you can use all day, any day from 16 September 2019 through to 17 May 2020.
Are you a health or teaching student? Don't worry there's a longer term ticket available online now for £454 - that's less than £1.41 a day which is valid all day, any day from 2 September 2019 through to 29 July 2020.
Scroll table horizontally to view table content
|Ticket Type||Price||Validity Dates|
|Academic Year||£454.00||2 Sep 19 - 29 Jul 20|
|Academic Year||£343.00||16 Sep 19 - 17 May 20|
|NEW: Academic Year||£412.00||9 Sep 19 - 28 June 20|
What happens if I lose my student bus pass?
To safeguard your ticket against theft, loss and damage we recommend that you register your smartcard by following these simple steps:
1. Login to your Stagecoach account.
2. Select ‘Register A Smart Card’ under ‘My Smart Cards’.
3. Now enter your name in the first box, the card number in the second box (the card number is the number on the back of the card called ‘ISRN No’) and select ‘Add New Card’.
4. Your card should now be added to your account.
If you do lose your unirider, please contact us on 03456 00 22 99 with a crime reference number from the police. A charge of £5 will be made for a replacement (we can only provide one replacement in each academic year).
If you want to cancel your unirider, we will calculate the refund by deducting the cost of the value of the ticket portion used based on the best value alternative ticket you would have been able to purchase at the date the ticket was purchased for the period it was used. There is a £10 administration fee for refunds.