Barking Garage was opened by the London General Omnibus Company (LGOC) in January 1924. Its original entrance was on the corner of South Park Drive and Longbridge Road.
The garage was extended in 1931 and again more recently. Two adjoining bungalows were purchased and demolished and the land used as a parking area.
Barking had the dubious honour of operating the last of the RT type buses on route 62 on 7 April 1979.
As of March 2017, the garage operates on routes 5, 62, 145, 169, 366, 387, 396 and N15.
- 44 double deck Alexander Tridents
- 55 ADL Enviro 400s
- 34 ADL Enviro 200
- 5 Optare Versas
Where to find it
Barking Garage (BK), Longbridge Road, Barking, Essex IG11 8UE or call us on 020 8532 7725.