In line with the latest government guidance, we've put in place further measures in England to help customers practice social distancing. This includes limiting the available seats on buses.
Face coverings are compulsory when using public transport in England and Scotland. In Wales it is compulsory to wear a three layer face covering on public transport. It is also now compulsory to wear face coverings when using indoor public transport hubs in England only.
The safety of our customers and employees is our priority, so please avoid busy times, use contactless payment and take your litter with you. For up to date information see our Coronavirus page
Travelling into the town centre and want to save on expensive parking and stressful congestion? Our park and ride sites are perfect for allowing you to sit back, relax and enjoy the journey especially with our free on-board features.
Why you’ll love our park and ride services:
• Save on expensive town-centre parking
• Frequent buses so you don’t have to rush
• Check your emails, catch up with friends or scroll your social media on the go with our free onboard Wi-Fi*
• Comfortable leather seats
• Park your car safely with CCTV
• You can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride
Find a park and ride site near you in the table below:
Please note, postcodes are the nearest approximate postcodes for location.
Where to catch your bus in Chester City Centre
Our services now serve the new Central Bus Interchange. For your return journey:
PR1 picks up at stand D for Wrexham Road and stand E for Upton (Zoo).
PR2 picks up at stand D for journeys to Boughton Heath and stand E for journeys to Sealand Road.
In addition, when the new Bus Interchange is not a convenient drop off/pick up point, buses also drop off/pick up at various locations in the city centre. Details of exact drop off/pick up points can be found here
Times of Operation
• Monday to Friday: every 12 minutes between 7am and 7pm
• Saturdays: every 12 minutes between 8am and 7pm
• Sundays and Bank Holidays: every 15 minutes between 9.30am and 6pm
Ticket & Fares
Scroll table horizontally to view table content
Park & Ride - Ticket Options
On Bus - Contactless Payment
On Mobile - Via Stagecoach App
NEW - Bundle (6 Day tickets for the price of 5)
NEW - Group Day Ticket (Valid for Up to 4 adults)
NEW - 7 Day ticket (Weekly)
• tickets are only valid on the PR1 route
• passengers can only board at the Countess of Chester Hospital for their return journey
• these tickets are not valid for boarding or alighting at any other stop along the PR1 route
• please scan your tickets on board bus
People with disabilities and lost property
We aim to offer a high standard to all our customers and welcome wheelchair users. If you have a question about mobility scooter access please contact us
We operate the Park and Ride services on behalf of Cheshire West and Chester Council for further information please click here