StagecoachSmart is the smart way to buy your megarider, U19 or student ticket. It means that when you buy your megarider ticket online for 7 days, 4 weeks or monthly travel, or your 7 day, 4 week or 13 week U19/student ticket, your ticket is supplied on a smart card instead of a paper ticket. Once you have your smart card, then it's yours to keep and reuse. You can top it up by buying more tickets online, or you can buy a megarider, U19 or student ticket for 7 days from the driver on the bus.
New to smart tickets?
If you don't already have a StagecoachSmart card, our driver will give you a card when you buy your megarider, U19 or student ticket on the bus. Keep hold of it as you can top it up by buying your next ticket from the driver, or by buying one online.
There is a £1 charge for any new smart card issued on the bus, so be smart with your card! There is no charge if you already have a card and present it to the driver to load a new ticket onto it. There is also no charge for a new smart card if you buy your ticket online.
Were you handed a StagecoachSmart card by the driver?
The megarider, U19 or student ticket you requested has been loaded onto the card and all you need to do when you make your next journey is place it on the ticket machine.
Be smart with your card, there is a £1 charge for a new card issued on the bus.
- Register your card to protect your tickets if your card is lost or stolen
- Reload your card by buying tickets online or from the driver
- Reuse your card and remember it for every journey
To register your card you'll need to create a new account first or log into your existing account – it won't cost you a penny.
Why do we use smart cards?
- It's quicker - it speeds up boarding times when tickets are loaded onto a StagecoachSmart card. The card is placed on our ticket machine and it will beep to confirm you have a valid ticket loaded onto it
- Added protection - if you register your StagecoachSmart card online you've got added protection if you lose it or it gets stolen or damaged. We can block your current smart card and issue a new one, transferring any ticket you have loaded onto the new card
- Dedicated helpline - once you've registered your smart card online you can use our StagecoachSmart customer helpline if you have any problems with it
- No more paper tickets - you can reuse your StagecoachSmart card again and again, there's no need to hunt for your paper ticket each time you board
Don't forget you can also pay for your travel by a monthly recurring payment with our megariderXtra tickets. Buy your megariderXtra ticket online and you'll never need to remember to renew it, monthly payments will be taken from your nominated debit or credit card each month and your ticket will be loaded onto your smart card!