Stagecoach gold launched in Chester on Monday 11 January 2016
- Bus 5 - Chester Train Station > Boughton > Sainsbury's > Caldy Valley > Huntington
- Bus 9 - Chester City Centre > Canadian Avenue > Pipers Ash > Hoole Lane > Boughton > Chester City Centre
We launched 2 Stagecoach gold services in Merseyside and South Lancashire in November 2015:
- Buses 1 & 2 - Liverpool > Birkenhead > Ellesmere Port > (Cheshire Oaks) > (Chester Zoo) > Chester
- Bus 125 - Preston > Chorley > Bamber Bridge > Horwich > Bolton
What is Stagecoach gold?
Our gold buses include:
- Hand stitched Italian Leather Seats* - Are you sitting comfortably? You will be on our Stagecoach gold buses. Replacing the seats normally fitted on our buses, you'll find Italian-designed Lazzarini Transito high back seats, finished in bold blue with complementary cream piping.
- Cleaner, greener engines - A more comfortable and luxurious way to go, each of the new Stagecoach gold buses hasn't just been designed to really look after the passengers. Thanks to their Euro 6 engines, designed to help out exhaust gas emissions, they're also helping to look after the planet.
- Friendly, uniformed drivers - Behind the wheel of our Stagecoach gold buses you'll find friendly, welcoming drivers; smartly dressed in their specially designed uniform. It's their job to make sure that your journey is as pleasant as it could possibly be.
- Plus FREE Wi-Fi and USB charging points!*
- Luxurious travel, affordable prices
Valid Stagecoach dayrider, megarider and unirider tickets are accepted on Stagecoach gold services.
You could save money on travel when you buy your bus tickets online. Please use our journey planner to find the best ticket for you!
*routes 5, 7 and 9 operating in Chester do not include USB charging points and have e-leather seating.