Stagecoach X1 - the fast, frequent bus between Chester and Liverpool
Travel between Liverpool and Chester City Centre or Chester Railway Station in around 90 minutes with Stagecoach's X1 bus service.
Why you'll love the X1
You'll love our X1 bus because its's:
- fast - travel between Chester and Liverpool in around 90 minutes
- frequent - runs every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday and every 30 minutes on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- combined service 1 and X1 operates 6 buses per hour (coordinated to a 10 minute frequency at key points) between Chester – Chester Zoo – Cheshire Oaks – Ellesmere Port – Bromborough and Liverpool
- convenient - direct links to and from Chester Bus Interchange, Chester Railway Station, Hoole Road, Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port Bus Station and Liverpool City Centre (Sir Thomas Street)
- connected - free Wi-Fi is available on board
- Tap & Go - we accept contactless payments all you need is a contactless-enabled card or mobile with Apple Pay or Google Pay installed and ready to use. Contactless is easier, faster and better.
There's a lot to see and do on route! You can visit Chester Zoo to see over 20,000 animals and 500 different species, Shop 'till you drop at Cheshire Oaks or Liverpool One, hop on our Chester City Sightseeing tour bus or visit the Blue Planet Aquarium with the kids!
Where does the X1 stop?
The X1 has a much shorter journey time than the similar number 1 bus as it has fewer stop and runs via the New Ferry by-pass direct to Liverpool. It runs between:
- Chester City Centre
- Chester Railway Station
- Hoole Road
- Chester Zoo, mail entrance
- Cheshire Oaks
- Ellesmere Port Bus Station
- then fast to Liverpool City Centre (Sir Thomas Street)
What time does the X1 run?
view our timetable