Tickets for children
Up to three children under five years old can travel for free when accompanied by a responsible passenger.
These children can’t:
- take a seat that paying passengers might need
- stay in a buggy in an unsuitable place on the bus
See our conditions of carriage for more information about carrying small prams and buggies.
Five–15 year olds
Single and return tickets
Children aged five to 15 years can travel for about two thirds the cost of most adult fares.
Child dayrider tickets
Child dayrider tickets are valid for children aged 18 and under and are available 7 days a week.
Our SchoolRider tickets in Barrow are valid for seven days. Tickets can be used for travel on school days and passengers must board by 19:45.
Family dayrider tickets
Family dayrider tickets valid for up to 2 adults and 3 children
You can share dayrider tickets with your family and friends when you're not using them.
Child North West Explorer tickets
Child North West Explorer tickets are valid for either one or three days. They allow unlimited travel:
- throughout Cumbria and Lancashire – as far south as Chester, Wigan and Bolton but not on Stagecoach Manchester services
- on cross border services to and from Dumfries
- on the joint Stagecoach/Arriva service between Carlisle and Newcastle Upon Tyne
Family tickets are available for two adults with up to three children.
Child bus and boat tickets
Combine your bus travel with a boat trip in the Lakes. Find out about our range of available bus and boat tickets in the area